Standards of Behavior
As Forty Acre Club is a family nudist resort, we do require those who use our recreational facilities to do so in the nude when appropriate. The pool, and hot tub areas are nude use only. Nudity is required at all times when inside buildings, including while dining and at dances and outside weather permitting. First time visitors are allowed a limited adjustment time during which they may remain clothed only at their camp site, RV site or cabin.
Jewelry and Body Piercing
Understated jewelry is the rule. Most body piercings are acceptable. Hanging or connecting jewelry of any kind is not permitted. Management reserves the right to determine what is acceptable while on Forty Acre Club property. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Everyone is expected to disrobe. All members, non-members and guests are expected to remain nude while on Club grounds unless there are logical reasons for being otherwise: weather, working, etc. An exception to this rule is members or non-members will be allowed to dress appropriately at club sponsored theme parties. This also applies to children. Re-affirmed Aug 1995 BOD.
- The nudist custom of individual privacy will be preserved. The use of first names only will be followed. However, it is quite permissible for individuals to volunteer information about him or her self if desired. This is an established ground rule and is practiced throughout the nudist community.
- Everyone MUST sit on their own towel when nude.
- Trash, including cigarette butts, must be deposited in the containers provided.
- Aluminum cans are to be crushed and deposited in the appropriate containers.
- Hunting is not permitted anywhere on the club grounds.
- Speed limit for all vehicles, including automobiles, ATVs and golf carts is 5 mph. All vehicles should be confined to the roads. No automobiles, only golf carts, are allowed on the section of road behind the clubhouse.
- The community kitchen is for everyone’s use. Please clean up after using it. Do not store any abundance of food for long periods of time.
- Verbal threats and physical abuse will not be tolerated by anyone and could lead to non-members being expelled from club grounds and suspension of members.
- Swimming in the lake is not permitted.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted. Misconduct due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages is not condoned and could result in non-members being expelled from the grounds and members being suspended.
- Any person found using or having in their possession illegal substances as defined by the FDA and the State of Missouri will be expelled from the club grounds.
- Indoor games must be over by 4:00 PM on days when preparations for club sponsored dinners and dances occur.
- The club office will be used for club business only.
- No trees, shrubs or protective underbrush may be removed from the grounds or from any building site without prior approval of the BOD. By-Law #48.13
- No solicitation of funds shall be permitted within the club or at the club site without prior written approval of and supervision by the BOD. By-Law #25.2
- RVs must use the dump station located next to the Taj-Mahal. Do not dump on the road.
- Return club tools and/or sports equipment to their proper places after use.
- The parking of personal vehicles by members should be limited to designated parking areas or the member’s own lot. This does not affect parking while a member is performing work for the club. Signage which indicate handicap and restricted parking areas will be enforced. (4-19-2015 BOD) All disputes will be resolved by the Grounds Chairman. If unable to resolve, it will then be brought before the BOD. 8-21-94 BOD
- No fireworks will be allowed on the Forty Acre Club grounds at any time.
- Firearms are NOT allowed on the common grounds; this includes golf carts. Members who have a gun at the club must keep it secured in their OWN dwelling or camper or locked in their OWN car, parked on their OWN lot. It MUST be properly registered. The only exception to this would be if there is a need to shoot a copperhead or other dangerous animal. Violation of this rule is cause for suspension. Non-members who are traveling and have guns must keep them locked in their OWN vehicle.
Hot Tub Rules
- Please shower before entering the hot tub. This will reduce the likelihood of contaminating the hot tub water and minimize health risks.
- We strongly suggest never drinking alcoholic beverages before or during hot tub use. Alcohol can make you drowsy and lead to drowning. Anyone taking medication should consult their physician before using a hot tub.
- Keep the hot tub temperature 104 degrees or less. Higher temperatures can place undue strain on the cardiovascular system. Be sure to accurately monitor the temperature.
- Please do not use the hot tub by yourself. You should always have someone with you when using the hot tub.
- Limit your soak time to no more than 15 or 20 minutes. Cool off then re-enter if you like.
- Persons with open sores or infections should not use the hot tub. The hot water is an ideal environment for spreading infection, especially if sanitizer levels are not properly maintained.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician before using the hot tub.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed in the hot tub.
- No one may swim alone.
- No diving.
- Take a SOAP shower before entering the pool EACH time.
- No clothing of any kind is to be worn in the pool.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by an adult 18 or older while in the pool area.
- Children who are not completely potty-trained must wear a special swim diaper in the pool, not a regular diaper.
- No glass containers allowed inside the pool enclosure.
- No food allowed in the pool.
- No animals allowed inside the pool enclosure.
- Club chairs are for use while in the pool area, and may not be reserved for future use by leaving items on them. Items will be removed.
- Chairs must be kept at least 6 feet from the pool edge.
- If the pool is crowded on holiday weekends, floats should not be used in the pool. Please use courtesy and common sense.
- If you have food at the tables, please clean up after yourself.
- Clarification of pool rules: “No food is allowed around the pool’s edge but beverages and smoking around the edge of the pool are to be allowed.” BOD 9-16-2007
- Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their children.
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when playing in the playground area.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted in the pool area or the clubhouse without adult supervision.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while operating a golf cart on club grounds.
- Children 17 years of age and younger are welcome at club sponsored dances until 9 PM.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed in the hot tub.
- Also see “Grandchildren and other minor guests”. 11A-II.11.C (page 7)
- Also see Grounds Rules I.1 A (page 1)
- Pets must be kept in your area or held on a leash at all times. It is the pet owner’s responsibility to clean up after their pet.
- No pets are allowed in the cabins with the exception of: One cabin which is designated as pet friendly. The pet must be kept in a crate while alone in the room. Any damages occurred are to be charged to the renter. (Motion passed 9/18/2011 semi-annual)
- No pets are allowed in the pool enclosure.
- No pets are allowed in the club house 3-21-10 BOD
- No pets under the pavilion 3-21-10 BOD
- Smoking is not allowed inside of the clubhouse (Apr.2014 Semi-annual) , on the clubhouse front porch (9-2016 Semi) Taj-Mahal (April 1995 BOD), Club Office (9-17-2006 semi-annual), or Cabins (4-15-2007 semi-annual). This includes cigarettes, E-cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco. (Apr.2014 semi-annual)
- Smoking is not allowed during food preparation for club sponsored functions. Aprons must be worn to cover the lower half of the body/pubic area. (9-17-2006 Semi-Annual() (Revised Apr.2014 semi-annual)
- Persons caught smoking in the clubhouse or on the clubhouse front porch will be assessed a fine by the BOD/Membership. (The amount of the fine to be assessed = $100.00) (April-2014 semi-annual) (9-2016 Semi)
- The BOD will appoint a club photographer and alternate in his or her absence to officially record events and history of the club. All other photography is covered by current policies and procedures. This rule applies to the clubhouse and central area only. 4-27-2003 BOD
- Only the official club photographer or back-up may possess a camera outside of its storage container in public areas. The camera policy will be enforced by the following:
- 1st offense – $100.00 fine,
- 2nd offense – 59day suspension,
- 3rd offense – termination per By-Law procedures.
- If the fine is not paid within 30 days, it will automatically go to the 2nd 4-20-08 Semi-Annual
- Non-members and Guests are permitted to have cameras, including devices such as cell phones, PDA’s, tablets etc. on club grounds. However, the cameras are to be covered by a sticker provided by Membership. Members (including Life, Annual, Fellowship, and Probationary) MAY have cell phones, I-pads, etc. with cameras but may NOT use the camera. April 2017 BOD
- If a non-member or guest is found to be using a camera, they will be subject to removal from the grounds immediately. 9-16-2007
- Photographs in the common areas will only be taken by the club photographer or alternate who will maintain records of written consent of members.
Additional Policies and Procedures for current members may be found in the Member area.